Monday, August 29, 2011

Chapter 4: Exhuastion sets in

So I have been such a slacker. I should have blogged sooner than this. A lot has been going on and some very exciting things have gone on since the last blog. So I will make you wait no longer.

SCHOOL started three days ago!!!!! Open house was last Wednesday. I have to say that the whole day was a  blur. I know that I was working like crazy to get everything ready for that night. When 6:00 hit i felt like I was going to hrow up. It was the weirdest but, greatest feeling I have ever felt in my life. I met most of my little sweethearts. They were really excited to be in the classroom. I had my ears talked off by several parents. They were amazing and very willing to support me and there child. I felt amazing after open house however, I was totally exhuasted. I was also very overwhelmed. I was going to star the first day of school on my own in less than 24 hours. I had no clue how the day would go. I was not sure if all my little ones would cry. I was not even sure that I wouldn't be crying.

Well................Finally Thursday came and I was their bright and early waiting for them studnets to walk in. When they all started to come in It was like second nature to me. One of my little girls was crying and very upset. I sat on the floor with her in my lap and we looked through a solor book. Within 5 minutes she was happy and smiling. I felt like things would turn out pretty good. We Had a long morning of rules and procedures. The studnets took a tour of the school. They were VERY hungery by the time we had lunch. I have to say that for my first day of school things went smoother than I thought that they would. The kids followed directions and did AMAZING!! I was so excited and happy that I told them that I think 10 million times. Dimissmal went off with a bang! I had only one student that had to have his parents called to come and pick him up.

Day two came around and I was feel very good about how the day would turn out, We had a great time during to morning. I taught the studnets the alphebet in sign language. They did a good job with repeating it. I think that about 11:45 I started to feel the exhuastion set in to my bones. I was getting very tired which did not make a goo combo for the afternoon. Dimissal came around and I have to say that it was HORRIBLE. Several of the bus riders stayed with the car riders. The ACES students had no clue where they needed to go to wait to be dismissed. Mrs. Gunning and I were going crazy trying to figure out where all our students were. It was a rough afternoon.  I have to say that I was so unbeleablie ready to go home. I fed the fish and I was out of their.

Todd and I met and went to dinner at STOKRIDGE the new Grill where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment